1. All up in your grill. While barbequing on a grill this summer, be sure to use propane rather than wood or charcoal since propane burns cleaner. When it’s time to clean the grill use an organic cleaning product and avoid the chemical residue other products leave behind.
2. Picking picnic plates. Use reusable dishes rather than plastic or Styrofoam when eating outside. This will cut down on the waste and save you money in the long run!
3. Lawn days. Do not spray your lawn! Such sprays are unnecessary and contain chemicals that are bad for our health. Check out this article for tips on maintaining a healthy lawn without the spray.
4. Bugs, bite! To keep the mosquitoes at bay this summer, reach for a natural repellent. A variety of herbal and essential oils, such as citronella oil, are highly effective. Check out this article for a recipe!
5. Local motion. Buy your summer veggies locally. Visiting your local farmers’ markets is a great way not only to get active, but also to avoid foods grown with pesticides.
6. Garden greens. Better yet, start your own garden! This is a fun outdoor activity for the whole family, and it will supply you with those fresh greens you are after.
7. Screen the sun. And before running outside, remember to grab that organic sunscreen!
With these tips in mind, you will be ready to start your summer of the healthy way!