Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blueberry Avocado Salsa

I have to be honest, I'm one of those few who cannot stand the taste of having avocado plain! BUT (and a serious but!) I do love avocado when it's used in salsas, guacamole, soups, you name it!

Recently, my husband and I joined an organic buying club, and since we've been getting plenty of avocados in each pick up, I've been trying out some new recipes.  This Blueberry Avocado Salsa has to be one of our favorites. I saved two bites (literally two) for my parents to try, and they raved about it too. The salsa tastes delicious plain, on tortilla chips, with veggies (I used a lot of celery and carrots to dip into it), and on a salad.  It's easy to make and a great way to mix up your use of this summer's abundant avocados!

Pinned Image

Ingredients (try to use organic if you can):
  • 1-1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice + extra for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
  • 1 ripe avocado, cut into small chunks
Directions:
  1. Pulse all ingredients (except for the avocado) in a food processor. (I used my Vitamix and it worked out perfect!)
  2. Drizzle the cut up avocado chunks with lime juice.
  3. Stir in chopped avocado into the rest of your salsa ingredients.
  4. Serve immediately for freshness!  (And, yes, it was still good the next day).


blog comments powered by Disqus