No need for canned soup in this recipe for homemade Chicken, Broccoli, & Cheese Casserole! This is a BPA free and easy one-dish meal your whole family will love ~ even picky green veggie eaters...
- 1 lb cooked organic chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cooked organic brown rice
- 1 lb fresh organic broccoli, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried mustard
- 1 1/2 cups of organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups of organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or slivered almonds for topping
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium stainless steel saucepan. Add the flour, salt, pepper, and mustard, and cook 2-3 minutes until bubbly and foamy.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Place the brown rice, chicken, and broccoli in a casserole dish and pour the white sauce over the top.
- Spread the breadcrumbs and slivered almonds over the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.