In the picture below, you'll notice the sushi rolls, which were leftover from going out to dinner the night before! Talk about a serious leftover meal! And, of course, our reusable bamboo chopsticks...part of the To-Go Ware bamboo utensil set.
Below is the very adaptable recipe for pork fried rice. Makes about 2 servings.
*use organic and local where possible
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (1 cup uncooked if you don't have leftovers)
- 1 cup leftover pork medallions, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cup leftover veggies (I had onions, celery, and mushrooms on hand)
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tbs green onion, chopped (optional, but I had a little frozen)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp soy sauce
- Cook rice if you don't have any leftover.
- While rice is cooking, saute minced garlic and veggies on a skillet with olive oil. Once the veggies are cooked through, set them aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, coat the pan with a little olive oil. Whisk your egg, add it to the heated pan, and scramble. Once cooked, add to the bowl of veggies.
- When the rice is ready, add veggies, egg, green onion, ginger, and soy sauce to the pot of rice. Stir to combine. For extra moisture, add a little more olive oil to the rice!
Looking forward to the next makeover,