*makes about 1-1/3 cups of syrup
- 8-9 whole, organic medjool dates
- 1-1/4 cups filtered water
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice (this helps the syrup last longer)
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Place the whole dates in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Let them sit for about 30 minutes. Once the have soaked, drain the water and remove the pits.
- Add the soaked dates to a high-speed blender (we use a Vitamix). Add filtered water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Blend on high for 45-60 seconds, or until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container.
Lasts for about 2 weeks in the fridge.
As a plain syrup, I have used it as a sweetener for my plain greek yogurt and granola in the mornings, but I have heard it would be great as a pancake syrup!
What to make, what to make!?