The quantities below can be modified, of course!
*choose organic and local where possible
- About a pound of leftover chicken, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored, and diced (I've used other varieties and it's just as good)
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins (or both! I used both in my last batch)
- 1/2 cup seedless grames, halved (didn't have them last time and it was still delicious)
- black pepper and salt to taste (this depends on the chicken...if it's already salty enough, definitely skip this step)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (I always guesstimate on this amount and just taste as I go)
- 3/4 cup light mayo or less depending on the consistency you like (I've never tried plain yogurt, but I can imagine it's great!)
- handful of swiss cheese (optional, but added it this last go around and it was a hit)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. For best flavor, let the chicken salad sit over night, but if you're hungry, DIG IN!
Looking forward to the next makeover,